Party-hearty!

So, a quick update on the cool party we had for my son on Sunday, before I rush on to other subjects.

It was AWESOME! We all had such fun. And with all the swords flashing around, I was the only one who came off 2nd-best - got wacked on the hand by a wooden-sword-weilding charging knight who was aiming at a balloon he should have popped instead of my hand... He may have cracked something, but not sure.

Decor was major-cheap. I used a roll of black plastic garbage bags and made a gigantic dragon which we stuck on the ceiling above the table, head hanging down. Scared one kid spitless when he suddenly noticed it above his head. Also blocked off Jason's "room" with a curtain of bags so no kids got in his stuff.

A lot of the kids said "best party this year". We ate, we played, we jousted, we had prizes and lots of fun. I may not know how to host an adult party, but kids are my speciality!

And an hour after it ended I was completely exhausted... :)

Pics: food, and my son "drawing" his sword from the couch -




(and then the digital camera ran out of batteries....got more with the "real" camera, but not developed yet)

0 comments: