Preach It, Mister!

Last night, the local Baptist church had an American choir visit. And preach. They're the Calvary Chapel group from South Carolina, so I guess they're Southern Baptists???

Dunno though, I'm still trying to work out the difference between all the varieties of Baptist, so I could be wrong.

They were pretty good as a choir. If you have a fast internet connection, you can hear what they sounded like here (4,7MB) and here (6,4MB).

The preacher though was something else...! Not what we're used to at this little church. I found myself listening to him as an "outsider", and finding it difficult not to shake my head at times - including when he got to the Sinner's Prayer and move-you-with-music altar call (which is good for some, but leaves me cynical unfortunately). Others though enjoyed it, and responded in number. The church was packed.

And our worship team managed to sneak an African song into the mix - a part of which may be found here, along with the wonderful African lady who sat in front of us (7,7MB).

Hey, at least I made it through church last night! :) But only just.... we'll see how it goes next week.

0 comments: