Sunday 5

As a woman driver I thought I'd better answer these...:

1. The first car I ever drove was a...
Well, first attempt at driving was an ancient VW minibus. BUT the first car I owned and drove, my first love, was an old blue Mini with a sunroof and loads of rust. In winter water would collect in the fabric sunroof and stream down your neck when you turned left, mushrooms grew under the driver's seat. The boot/trunk was rusted through to the point of the spare balancing on a strut. To find out if we had petrol/gas in the tank we'd take a length of rubber hose and turn it around in the tank - if it "sploshed" we were OK, if it "clunked" we'd fill up. Kept losing the gears - the stick would come off in your hand in 4th and you'd have to make it home like that. I LOVED that car!:)

2. My dream car is...
Hmmm..one that goes? And stops when you want it to? I like the look of the Honda Prelude of a few years ago, with it's triangular back lights. But I don't have one particular favourite. Perhaps anything I look good in will do!:)

3. Can you drive a vehicle with a stick shift? If yes, how long did it take you to learn?
Yes, it's all I'll drive. I really don't like automatics - stick-shift comes naturally to me, took a few weeks to learn I think.

4. What is the fastest you have ever driven?
Ooohhhh....about 220km/hr...at 3 in the morning, on a winding highway, with the car's lights off....racing a friend! Geez. The things we do when we're young and stupid!

5. How many people you have crammed into a vehicle at one time?
We once got 8 people and their surf/body-boards into the Mini and went to the beach! The body-boards just about fitted in the boot/trunk, and the surfboards stuck out the sunroof. Boy, did it ride low....:)

0 comments: