Day One

It's Day One of my son's school holidays, and already he's bored. Last year my brother kindly lent him a Playstation, which kept him going all holiday, even though some of the games only functioned in black-and-white mode. I eventually had to tell him "get dressed and eat before you play, and when I get home after work it's my turn for the TV." I'd come home to find him still in his pyjamas at lunchtime!

This holiday there's no Playstation. There's only the great outdoors and his friend down the road. We've just been given a big box of sports equipment - tennis, basketball, soccer, frisbee etc stuff - so I'm trying to get him to go try some of that out with his friend. I also need to replace a tyre on his bike. And once they clean the campus pool there's always swimming (if he remembers how after the long winter!).

But I know I can look forward to regular calls and popping-in's to the office with the same old tune... I'm BORED!

0 comments: