Crash Bang Bark

We had the most incredible thunderstorm last night. I was outside watching the lightning hit the sea in the distance and hearing approaching thunder, when there was a "sizzle,crackle,pop" and a huge bolt hit pretty close by, just across the field behind the house! After that it was light and sound all over the place for half an hour or more. We unplugged all the important stuff and went outside to watch the action.

The dogs - poor beasts - are not used to such an onslaught, and spent the entire time barking at whatever was flashing or thundering. Wonder what they'd do if they actually CAUGHT one! :)

I don't think we've had a storm like that in the last 20 years that I've been living here. Quite a few strikes on the mountain, whose slopes we occupy. Wonderful downpour rain.

Before the storm arrived I had planned to sit outside on my porch and do some prayer - but it's a bit hard to concentrate when you get flashes of daylight every few seconds and can feel the rumblings in your bones!

It was a really good storm though - the kind I love to watch, better than TV anyday. And today the rain is pouring down. Winter is here.

0 comments: