2 weeks / 8 weeks

A weekend post from me is something out of the ordinary, but I had to come to the office to drop off a few things and pick up boxes. So here goes!

One more step of faith was booking our tickets on Friday afternoon. We're on Air Malaysia via Kuala Lumpur (MC, Irene - up for coffee on our stopover???), leaving 29 April, arriving in Sydney on 30 April. We leave there again on 13/14 May (not sure which one). So it's about 2 weeks with the parents.

I now have less than TWO WEEKS in which to come up with the fare, which has to be paid by 17 March, 6 weeks before we leave. I've managed to calculate most of it from teaching pay, salary advances, blogger donations (every US$ translates to R5,90 here!) and the maximum overdraft of my credit card and cheque accounts. The rest of the year is going to be mighty lean.... Anyway, the final amount is hopefully going to come from a gigantic garage sale next Sunday - which I'm working on today, with pricing and sorting and being ruthless with stuff I could either sell or hold on to. The total amount I need is R15,452 as near as I can calculate it. It's a hell of a lot of cash to spend for only 2 weeks...

So that's where things stand right now. If you are still thinking about donating via Laura's site, it would be very much appreciated. There's a deadline now, and it's not too far away.

This is both exciting and very scary. I was awake early this morning with the brain on overload! So much to think about, so much to try organize, so much money involved. We're still praying it all works out.

0 comments: