Gathering Momentum

It's been a hectic weekend, brain-wise. My mind won't stop working on all the stuff I have to organize as quickly as possible, nor on how I'm going to sort out a few issues that have come up.

I've got a long list of to-do's, and evenings this week will be spent getting my goods ready for sale. Sorting, cleaning, pricing etc. I've started selling CDs, videos and tapes here at work so long, anything to get cash in bit by bit.

I really feel like this trip is going to work out! But I'm not looking forward to coming back to completely depleted accounts, and having to pay back an enormous bank "minus". I'm actually quite terrified by the concept! I've never been one to live in debt, and had just gotten everything basically debt-free - until this happened.

Oh well. That's how things go.

I have to admit that the thought of "this time, 8 weeks from now we'll be doing..." is exciting. Every time I hear a plane go past, I think "soon it's us!".

And yet I still don't know if we'll find the funds needed in time - so there's this hesitation to my anticipation. I don't want to get too excited, you know, just in case it doesn't actually work out.

I told my brothers and their wives this weekend that we're booked to go. Of course my stingy sis-in-law came up with "I wish someone would sponsor ME to go overseas". Excuse me - but she's got her own business, raking in more money than most of the rest of us, and she still moans? Geez, girl. No-one's sponsoring me. I can barely do this, but I'm making an effort. But that's her. Won't fork over cash for anything - which is why she's probably doing better financially than the rest of us.

OK, I'm probably boring everyone to tears with this little mind-foray into my head. Sorry. Will leave now and try think other, more interesting thoughts. But expect this to dominate blogging for a while yet...

One more thing - with a mere 8 weeks to lose as much bulk as possible, I was up this morning at 5:30, taking a long hard walk with the dogs, then doing some other exercisey bits. Early to bed, early to rise. Lots of proper food, water and exercise between the two. Talk about a lifestyle change!

0 comments: