Get up and Move

Last night I stopped wishing and started working. I stopped looking at my legs and wishing they were svelte, and started on those leg exercises that made them so years ago. I stopped looking at my stomach and wishing for a six-pack, and got down on the (dog-hairy) carpet to do sit-ups and crunches. I stopped looking at my arms and wishing for my cheese-making-days lean muscles, and started in with push-ups and (baked-bean can) weighted movements.

You see, I have a goal in mind. I have a plan, and a mission to accomplish. And I'm not going to get there just sitting around on my butt. And I can't put it off any longer. Moving continents is part of the motivation, and that could just happen rather quickly.

Fortunately these little exercises are not yet of the Tae-Bo intensity. They work - but they don't leave you too stiff and sore to do them again the next day. So I'm up for a repeat performance again tonight.

Feels like it's working already! Cool.

0 comments: