What a difference a day (or two) makes!

I've been on my new exercise and eating-right routine only since the weekend, and already I can feel a difference. My clothes are looser, I don't struggle to get up the hill after work, I've got more energy and look more "alive". Wow. All that with a mere few days work. And all I'm really doing differently is walking every morning, getting enough water and making sure I have a mid-morning healthy snack instead of starving until lunch and overeating.

I wonder what 7 weeks is going to do!

I've been trying to get my child to eat properly, as I know his gran's going to be stuffing his face full of veggies and fruit when we're there - but so far it isn't working. He picks at his (healthy) lunch, then gives it to the dogs and eats bread when I go back to work!

I was trying to get him up and walking with me in the mornings, but he just turns over and goes back to sleep. Perhaps it's better that way - I don't want him to moan because it's a fast walk, or see me huffing and puffing up some of the steeper hills.

However, I AM feeling a few side-effects of all this exercise. My legs are sore! I'm not sure yet how much of that has to do with my Big Fall on Monday and its resulting Purple Bruises, but I've had to push past it and just get moving. I mean, if folk with a leg missing can become sports heroes, surely I can do this small thing!

It's great to see my self-imposed routine working - WITHOUT all those fancy diet pills, exercise machines and junk. It's even greater that it's worked quickly. I get discouraged if I don't see results... But it's also made me realize what just a small change can do in my life - big things. Amazing, really.

0 comments: