Of Dating Younger Men (or not)

The trouble with the age difference, when you're older, is that you're at completely different life stages - and it shows.

Just had another message in from potential date, saying he might be available from 9pm onwards. And you know what my reaction is? That I'm usually so tired by 9 that I'm heading for bed already! While his usual schedule only speeds up at that hour, with joining friends at a sokkie (dance, Afrikaans-style) from 10pm onward! He's still at university (been there a few years, but still there...) and EVERYONE does that.

Geez...

I know I sound old and boring, but I honestly can't help it. I'm literally wiped out after a day at work (whether I actually worked or not) and the earlier I'm in bed the happier I am the next day. I could do with about 12 hours sleep each night (yeah, I know that's writing off half the day), and almost manage that on weekends.

I know I'm not going to be able to get up and go at 9pm, or be anything but a yawning bore, so I'm turning this one down in favour of an earlier appointment some other time - though when that will be is anyone's guess.

Many my age go out jolling until all hours - I simply can't. I used to, but not lately.

And the other good thing about NOT doing this date? I don't have to go look for new clothes now! :)

So what will I be doing instead? Probably nothing much. I'll likely borrow that DVD I've been offered. I may go out for coffee with a female friend (early, and briefly). But I might just use this chance while my son's away to sort out his many boxes of toys, and pack them into a couple of storage units I plan to invest in on Monday.

Yup, I'm boring. So sue me.

0 comments: