You know you're addicted to blogging when...

...you're blogging in your sleep. No, not literally, but last night I spent most of my dream-time blogging something or other. If I could remember what it was, this would be a more interesting post than it's probably going to end up.

I was really hoping for a solid night's sleep. The kind where you go to sleep and the next thing you know it's morning. Instead I got into bed early (before 9!), fell asleep, then restlessly tossed and turned for much of the night. Somewhere in all that my back got terribly sore - like the vertebrae are "out" between my shoulder blades - and I still can't get rid of it. Can't lift or move my arms above half-way-to-shoulder level. Then, thanks to neighbours getting up every morning at 5-ish to rush around banging cupboards, dropping toilet seats, running baths etc before leaving for work, my body seems to be trained to wake up when they do - or exactly 2 minutes before they do, so I'm awake when they start at it. Once they're done I fall alseep - but you know how it is if you get just a little sleep before having to wake up again. You wake up tired!

Pity I had such a restless night. After extreme heat earlier this week it's back to rain and cool weather, perfect for snuggling up and sleeping. If only the brain would get the message....

::update::
I wonder if grimacing every time I move is enough reason to go home for the rest of the day and shoot up on mega-painkillers? :)

0 comments: