Photoblog: Seasons Shift



The seasons are changing. I saw my son off to school at 7:30, just as the sun was coming up. In summer, it's already high in the heavens at that time. In winter, he goes to school in the dark.

This morning I noticed how far over the sun had moved on the horizon. A good couple of degrees, heading toward that big block of granite which blocks out sunrise until 9:30 in winter.

I don't know if the tsunami had something to do with it, tilting the planet just that little bit and changing our seasons - somehow it seems this year that winter is early, that things have changed ever so slightly. It's way too early for sunrise to happen where it is!

On the way to work this morning I snapped this pic. The grass is green after recent rains, the sky is blue for the day. And the place were I live still gives me a shot of joy when I look around me.

0 comments: