Friday!

Yay, Friday again! And I've landed running. The best time to try get a fax to Zimbabwe is very early in the morning before the lines collapse for the day, and with quite a few of them needing to go I was here extra-early.

This in spite of sleeping in until 7 - no kid to prepare for school meant I was good to go within half an hour of waking up. Yet in an odd way I did miss the bustle and "you're running out of time..." that usually accompanies our morning efforts. The dogs did too - Sid was whining and bumping his front feet on the bed to get me up well before I wanted or needed to. Silly creature - I though cockatiels were bad! (we got rid of ours after a year of not being able to move in the morning without being chirped at!)

This morning there's a gentle rain drifting down, cooling off the day a bit, greening up the grass and watering my strawberry patch. They promise it will clear up for the weekend, so let's hold thumbs. I was going to plant out the rest of the veggies - but now suddenly this morning hear there's a chance of a larger place to live, just next door, and we may need to move. We've been in a one-bedroom flat for 10 years now, and it would be really nice to have a bit more room, especially for the teen kid who needs his own bedroom - and for my two international guests who will arrive between Christmas and New Year and need a place to sleep! Have put in the request - now we wait.

But back to Friday - yet again a half-day, with much to accomplish. However, I've been cultivating that inner calm again, and although I'm rushing on the outside, I'm completely mellow on the inside. Weekend mode already! :-)

0 comments: