Uninspired

I've hit a totally uninspired blank patch today. Just drifting with a blank mind. Although I have quite a bit of work to do, I don't have the passionate energy required to get into it whole-heartedly. And it's Friday. The offices here are basically empty - those that are officially around have pushed off somewhere or other. Just adds to the whole atmosphere.

I seem to be suffering weird dreams too lately. You know how when you dream about someone it colours the way you see them the next day - even though they've done nothing to you in "real life"? Well I had a strange dream about my boss last night! :-) I had a whole pile of other crazy dreams, half-remembered, but that was the one I woke up with. I've had to work hard to shake it off this morning and "act normal" (yeah right, like I can do that easily, weird dreams or not!).

I'm also very uninspired with the whole festive season thing. Still at step one in Xmas prezzie planning/making/acquiring (but there are rumours we're going to half-day at work from Monday, which will give me more than enough time to do stuff). I haven't even looked for the decorations, and doubt we'll be putting any up - again. It's been 3 years since we last did, I think. We tend to spend Xmas with my brothers and my sis-in-law's parents anyway, so why decorate a house we're not around? This year I have those two guests arriving - and we're going to need every inch for accommodation, including the space we'd stick a tree in. The most we'll do is put up the nice flashy light things around the windows, I think, if they're still working. (Oh, and get the carpets and lounge suite cleaned - but that doesn't count as Xmas decor)

I'm completely uninspired about the upcoming birthday. Haven't planned a party, or a celebration, or anything - haven't even invited the relatives around for a meal. I'm probably going to treat it as just another day - and haven't even considered the presents/cake option. This after thinking I could make a big deal of it this year - again, haven't done for a few years. I guess after a certain age it doesn't matter that much?

It's just one of those totally static-filled, nothing days. Definitely not a good day for blogging! :-)

0 comments: