To-do's

After yesterday's disastrous end, I've hit today with a nice long to-do list. And I'm powering my way through it.

If there's one thing I've learnt in life, it's that activity is a whole lot better than inactivity. Once you have a sense of purpose in place you can literaelly do anything. It's when you lose track of your dreams, your goals and your vision that you start running into trouble.

A while back I decided to adopt a "water off a duck's back" attitude. I'm not letting things get under my skin. I don't take barbs and difficulties to heart. Sure I may in the moment feel like collapsing, but I'm going to bob right up again and keep paddling in the right direction. I can't tell you what a difference that's made in how I approach life! Office gossip? No thanks. Rumours of hate-speech? Not my problem. Life in general trying to kill me off? It can try, but it won't succeed.

So life goes on today. And goes on well. It's a day packed with activity and ambition, research and planning, work at work and work after work. But also a little me-time to refuel the tanks. Balance - that's the key.

Right now though - on to the next item on my to-do list. Onward and upward.

0 comments: