Pick your Battles

I'm tired of fighting multiple fires all at once. It's oh-so-easy to be overwhelmed if you allow yourself to worry about every little thing. And unfortunately I've fallen into that recently, wearing myself out in the process.

The thing is this: I've added to my stress by worrying about the unnecessary, by spending my time and attention on things I really should be paying no attention to. Things that shouldn't be an issue in the first place! And that's very very draining of mental and physical power.

So I've decided to pick my battles. I'm not going to give a thought to things that don't exist. I'm only going to deal with the very important, essential stuff. The things that require action on my part, not the things I have no control over.

Yes, some of them are simply habit-worries, niggling thoughts that try to sneak up and bite me - if I let them take over, they take the whole hog! So they're out on their ears.

Others are more serious, and those are the things I'm turning my attention to.

One other thing - if you really sit down and think about it, some of the bigger worries are really not that huge after all. There is always hope, there is always a path, there is always a solution. Sometimes all it takes is stopping the worry-train and resting by the side of the tracks for a while. The answers pop up quicker than you can imagine.

0 comments: