Traffic(non)Synergy

You may have noticed a slight increase in "billboard activity" on this blog in recent months. Running a classic Land Rover isn't the cheapest of activities (especially if you want to commute over the base of a mountain in it every day), and I've been trying to add a few cents to the coffers by way of pay-per-click advertising. The "Donate" option at right (moneybookers) hasn't panned out particularly well, so I've been trying a few other things.

Above this post is a relatively-new advertising block, "sponsored" by TrafficSynergy. You may notice that it's devoid of ads...

A week ago, while looking for a pay-per-click provider, I came across this company/website. They seemed to have an easy enough system, paid in my local currency, so I thought I'd give them a go.

I've had well over 200,000 hits on my blog thus far (yes, I'm a relative small-fry, but that's still quite the number) - and the pace has picked up recently in hits-per-day. Many of those visitors clicked on the TrafficSynergy ads once I'd finally found how to position them correctly, and within the space of a few days I'd built up revenue of just over R100.

Until the ads suddenly disappeared and I could no longer access my account. I assumed the site was down (it was a weekend - and their offices are based in an industrial area in Cape Town, perhaps no-one was home?), so shot off an email to them asking if there was a site problem. Only to receive a response claiming my account had been "flagged for fraud", thus was inaccessible. Days later, they have not restored it in spite of numerous emails to them. They state that they can terminate or refuse to pay at their discretion. Which means that no matter how many clicks I send their way, no matter how many of their advertisers they charge for clicks generated from MY visitors, they simply won't honour the pay-out if they don't feel like it.

And that seems to be the case at the moment.

So here's a question for you. Are there any honest pay-per-click affiliate programmes out there that I can replace them with?

0 comments: