Firefox 3

You'd think that Firefox would be rolling out their new "3" by time-zone, considering they want a world record for downloads on a single day...

But no - apparently not. We have to wait until EST, no matter where we are in the world!

Now if I were Mozilla, I'd have set up mirror servers the world over for this one, based on the Pledge Page which gives a nice indication of how many downloads will be done on release and thus how many servers per time zone. I'd have rolled it out according to where in the world you are, gathering all that info into a single day. After all, by the time EST hits the USA, it will be tomorrow in Australia! Which kinda negates the whole "downloads in one day" world record idea.

But that's just me.

And yes, I'm going to follow the herd on this one. You'll find me downloading my new version tonight and going to play with it.

0 comments: