Downturn

There are days that just start out wrong. All your careful plans are thwarted, you stuff up everyone else's by accident or misunderstanding, and it goes downhill from there.

Today is one of those days.

Some days I feel in sync with the world around me, in phase with its rhythms and achieving good things. I'm organized, efficient, I make the life of those around me easier and happier, and can go to bed satisfied at the end of the day.

I suspect today isn't one of them. There's kak & drama all over the place, I'm deer-in-headlights paralyzed by one stumbling block after another, and it's turning into "crap on Michelle" day from every side. Whether I've done anything to deserve it or not. There's stuff far beyond my control, things I can't fix, things I don't know how to - and it's left me wanting to run away to a quiet corner and hide for today.

Unfortunately life simply doesn't operate that way. There's no choice but to shake off each issue as it arrives, deal with it as best I can and move on - at every moment expecting the next onslaught.

I hate days like this.


Private Property

0 comments: