Treading water

There are some days when it's all I can do just to keep treading water. Staying in the same place, not moving forward, but not sinking either.

It's one of those days.

Yesterday I was all high energy, purpose and drive. My creative juices were running, my head filling with all sorts of ideas to try (which promptly evaporated when I arrived home and didn't.. :-) - good thing I wrote them down!).

Today it's exactly the opposite. I'm worn out and tired and can't get up the energy to function, never mind excel. These things happen. I guess it's just the ebb and flow of life.

But I admit I worry about productivity on days like this - especially when faced with a change in employment status. Where a sick day means a loss of income instead of a paid holiday - as does an off day like this one.

I know I can't always be up. I guess I should enjoy the chance to wallow today without too much guilt while I still can.


Wine Web

0 comments: