Still not over it

Forgive me if I sound like a stuck record, but I ended up grinning in traffic again mid-way through today. I'm still not over enjoying being able to plan my day, dash out somewhere at a moment's notice and not be tied down to an office job and working hours.

However, on the other side of the coin, I do spend so much time going places, doing things and working my hands off in a variety of tasks that I don't have time to sit down and take care of the office side of this job..!

That's not a good thing. Running a business or so requires paperwork from all involved, keeping records, dealing with emails and calls and such. There's a fine line to walk between out-and-about and never seeing the sun. There's also a bit of adjusting when you share office space, a phone and business-running responsibilities to ensure you're not treading on toes or keeping your partner from doing what they need to do. Though I do like that I get to kiss the boss on coffee breaks.

After three months working for myself I'm still finding balance between out and in. If I could blog and drive at the same time you'd end up with 8 hours of straight verbosity - so count your blessings! But at the same time, I often wish I were mentally internet-enabled while out and about. By the time I get home I've clean forgotten everything I wanted to do or say online, or more often than not simply have run out of energy to do it.

Nevertheless, you'll still find me grinning randomly in traffic - feeling like the naughty kid bunking school, when in fact I'm simply running around and doing what I love for a living. Free as a bird, bound only by the need to pull in the required amount of cash.

Don't think I'll ever get over that.

Market Signals

0 comments: