Addicted? No, not me...

I ran out of filter coffee on Saturday. I thought I'd make it to Tuesday (payday) with the vile instant granule stuff we drink in hot milk as a dinner postscript. After all, I can stop drinking real coffee any time I want to, right? Right....

Wrong.

I've been half-asleep all day and one of those steady caffiene-free headaches is coming on. My co-workers look good enough to eat, if I can kill them first, and the day is draaagggginnnnggg by. It will be great if I make it to the 7pm news this evening, even better if I do so without kicking a dog.

My mom always moans at me about my coffee habit. But hey, I have very few pleasures OR vices in my life.... So DON'T TAKE MY COFFEE AWAY! Grrrrrrrr....

I think I'll survive until lunch at our payday restuarant (the Spur) tomorrow, where I'll have to down one of their awful cups of witch-brew. And right after that it's off to the nearest shop for a bag of the best!

I can hear the stomach-rumblings of the coffee machine already, smell the aroma of fresh-brewed drifting through the house, anticipate that first sip of piping-hot brown heaven. Bring it on!

Addicted? Nah....

0 comments: