Birthday planning

I'm working on plans for my upcoming 5th birthday party (yeah, I'm advanced for my age...:) ). I figured 3+2=5, and as I'll be 32 shortly, a 5th birthday party it is!

I'm planning on including all the fun things that make a 5th party - cake, balloons, ice-cream and games. Of course the cake will come in varieties such as Double-Chocolate Orange Torte, Lemon Tea Cakes, Pavolva, Fruit Tarts, and many other lovelies - all homemade. Balloons stay balloons. Ice-cream involves fudge-ripple, cookie-dough and blueberry cheesecake, among others. Games, I'm still planning - any suggestions? Pin the wrinkle on the oldie, cellulite toss or blind-man-so-give-me-my-specs-please perhaps?

To balance it all out there will be fresh fruit and veg platters with dips, home-baked foccacia and breadsticks and some decidedly adult cheeses (who really liked stinky-foot cheese at age 5?).

I'm working on the invitations this week and I'm sure it's going to be an absolute blast! As it's planned for a public holiday, we've got the whole day to lie on brightly-coloured cushions under a white satin canopy and indulge.

OH YEAH!

0 comments: