Friday Five

1. Do you like to shop? Why or why not?
Yes, but not for clothes. I get depressed when what looks like it fits me actually won't. Mostly I just windowshop, get ideas and then go home and try make it myself, without a size label!:) Tend to windowshop for other things too, only buying essentials like food as needed.

2. What was the last thing you purchased?
2 month's worth of groceries.

3. Do you prefer shopping online or at an actual store? Why?
Actual store. Online is always in USDollars, and with an exchange rate of R7 to $1, it's a bit unreasonable. I do enjoy window-shopping on the net now and then, seeing what's out there just for the heck of it.

4. Did you get an allowance as a child? How much was it?
Yes, it was a tickie (half a cent), which in the 70s in Zimbabwe bought you a good few sweets and things! It did go up a bit. By high school in South Africa I was getting R20 a month, then R50 in college.

5. What was the last thing you regret purchasing?
A container of Dutch-style feta cheese that I was really looking forward to having, and which turned out to be very far gone - fizzy in fact! Never got around to returning it to the shop, or replacing it.

0 comments: