God the Father

My son has never met his dad - I last saw the guy when I was 3 months pregnant. It's unlikely he ever will.

I've been struggling with thoughts of how my son will see God as a Father, when he has no earthly father to relate to. How can I show him what a father is really meant to be, when he hasn't experienced it for himself?

I would love for him to have a Dad to do stuff with that only boys and their fathers can. I can't do it as a mom. I know he's missing out on many things. His uncles have been there for him, but live far enough away to make contact occasional.

We've looking forward to being with my parents in Australia - my dad is a wonderful man who will be a great role model for my son, but he's not HIS father.

I have no solutions to this question. I don't know if male mentors can "take the place" of a father in a child's life. I don't know if he'll ever have a dad (if I will marry someday), and if he does, if it will be too late.

I think perhaps only God will be able to answer this one, in a way He has planned and that I have yet to see.

0 comments: