Prophecy or Paranoia?

Last night I again had one of those end-time trouble-is-coming dreams. Only this time it went on for a few hours of half-awake, half-asleep scary stuff. I didn't get much sleep at all and was glad when the dogs urged me up at first light.

On my journeyings through the Bible, I hit the last chapter of Daniel last night. It talks of a time of trouble such as has not happened from the beginning of the world, and then it says "But at that time...everyone whose name is written in the book will be delivered." I have my faith in God and want to be counted among this host. I just don't know why the time of trouble scheduled to happen before this has such an impact on my night-mind.

(For the record, I don't believe in the rapture, and I suspect some of the other things I believe differ from most. When I stepped out of my comfort zone a few years back, I was surprised at how beliefs vary regarding what will happen at the end. Perhaps one day I'll expound on my view - when I'm brave enough to face the comments that will result! :) )

I know of nothing that's triggered this sudden rush of dreams. Unless God's trying to tell me something....

Is this prophecy, a glimpse of what's knocking on the door and even now coming in, or just plain unexplained and unwarranted paranoia?

0 comments: