Where I'm From

Fred got this writing assignment going earlier in the week (If you have yet to visit his site, go there! His photography is beautiful, words awesome). Here's my contribution:

WHERE I'M FROM

I am from Bic pen, from Pronutro and Marmite.

I am from gigantic avocado tree shading roof.

I am from dry dust bushveld, African thunder-heat summer.

I am from farm-trip for Christmas and freckles, from Garth and Little Gran and Burgoynes.

I am from the sleep-late and vegetarian-if-you-have-it.
From veggies come before dessert and if you can’t be a good example be a terrible warning.

I am from seventh-day Sabbath and seek-it-myself. I am from pastor’s brat and worship music.

I'm from East London and seafaring men, home-made gluten turkey and haystacks-for-lunch.

From the uncle John was killed a week before his wedding, the first grandchild, and the brother who we’ll all live off one day.

I am from a big box in the garage and the most prominent shelf, a back cupboard and silver picture-frames, email attachment and scanned slide.

0 comments: