Poetry

Just for Susan and Rodney, I thought I'd inflict some of my poetry on you today! :)

-----------

The moon was cold and weary
As it crept across the sky
The starts a torrent of teardrops
Flung from a heavenly eye

The beach lay sad and silent
Long and liquid and low
As a wave sprang sighing and dying
Shot by Neptune's bow

At my feet the sand is darkened
Blackened and washed with blood
The sea is the only witness
To the death of one I have loved

Here on this sandy ribbon
Close to the water's side
Here forever the spirit
Of someone once loved will abide

Red is the once silver sea foam
Washing his sightless eyes
Red, my heart has been broken
Cracked by his blatant lies

Forever his spirit will wander
Cold and alone as the sea
His voice ever scatter the seagulls
But never again shatter me.

0 comments: