Back to School - hopefully!

I've just put in a request for my employers to pay for a 6-month Dreamweaver/Macromedia suite course. I am in charge of our website but am flying by the seat of my pants, learning as I go.

If approved, it's going to mean hitting the books once again, writing exams etc, but this is the "fun" type exam. It involves developing and submitting a website, but I can use our one for that, studying in working hours as I get the site updated!

If they want a decent website, they'd better get me some training! Without it, it's going to take an age to work out, and will not be as good as it needs to be. I'm currently required to develop and improve the website with no training, no extra pay, in my "spare time"....

Holding thumbs that they approve my request!

::update::
Seems it's a cautious "yes", it will be budgeted for under "staff development and training". Yeah! That opens up all sorts of options for the future!!!

0 comments: