The Bridge from Here to There

A day or so back I went off on a feeling-blue thing here, and one of the issues was that I can see the business I want to start on the other side of the chasm, but can't seem to get there.

THIS time I remembered to pray about it. Actually I asked God for a big sign to show this is where I should be headed, instead of planning to stick around with my current job (9 years and counting....).

You know, I think He's given that sign. My two cake orders came without me doing any advertising. They came looking for me, as every full-time job I've ever held has done. They're giving me a chance to test my wings in doing things I haven't quite tried yet (like a pretty cool, quite beautiful 21st cake for Sunday night, done cheaply). They've made me stop and think what my services are worth - I always tend to undercharge, and I realize now that's connected to my own sense of self-worth, that I don't think I'm worth more than that. It's also a stepping stone to doing more. If this girl likes what I produce, she's likely to come back with other orders for other things. And before you know it, I will have tested out all the foods I plan to offer in my little business!

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun - I tend to see the end before I've started the race. But this could be the first brick in that bridge to what I dream of doing. This could just be that Sign I've asked for.

0 comments: