A good day to be sick

Unfortunately, yesterday was the day I actually WAS sick. But today the rain is coming down gently, with a now-and-then flash of lighting and distant roll of thunder.

Last week my son was very ill. It seems the germs jumped bodies... As much as I have to do at work, I had to balance it with the fact that I couldn't do much feeling as awful as I did, so off to bed it was half-way through Monday. I was hoping to watch the usual crummy movie on e-tv (they tend toward old westerns and black & whites in the mornings, more comedy for the ancient effects and dialogue than anything else), but ended up solidly knocked out all morning.

It sucks being a single parent when you're sick. No matter how dead or dying you are, there is still a child to feed, get off to school, etc. Fortunately said child took care of supper for himself (leftover chocolate cake...), but wouldn't eat the lunch I got out of bed to prepare. Too many veggies...!

Last night the fever broke, finally. I've lost a bit of weight thanks to only being able to stomach an apple and water over the past 2 days. I'm up today, none too steady, but up. Don't have a choice, as there's a LOT to get done this week.

But still, it's a nice day to be sick and in bed...

0 comments: