Reading Matter

It's arrived! After more than a month, my copy of A Generous Orthodoxy (Brian McLaren) has finally been delivered. It's a long and winding road from the USA to here, apparently. I was supposed to be involved in the conversational blog about this book a long, long time ago - but how can you say anything when you haven't read the book?

So now it's nose to the pages. I'm looking forward to it! I read the first few pages online free, and was just getting into it when the free pages ended. But now I have the whole thing! Yeah....

Don't know why, but I got the warm fuzzies when I saw how each chapter heading had been illustrated, using pebbles with white chalk pictograms on, photographed in black and white. Something inside of me just said "yes!", it just fitted so well with the book's content.

So, just as I'm finishing The Jesus I Never Knew (Philip Yancey), I've got something else to start. Way cool. Pity I'm not lying in bed today.

0 comments: