Of Books (passing the book baton)

Kel tagged me to fess-up about my book habits, so here goes.

Total number of books owned
WAY too many. I have 117 Reader's Digest Condensed Books alone! I tend to pick them up for a buck or two at second-hand places and garage sales. A while back I sorted through the boxes in the garage and ended up with a few large piles to sell - but the shelves at home are still groaning under their weight. And then there's the magazines I pick up almost every week at the discount shop.... My son's also into books - which is a VERY good thing, in my view.

I've always wanted to stock a holiday house in the middle of nowhere (eg Karoo) with books and a good fireplace. It would be just the perfect getaway in winter.

Last book I bought
"A Generous Orthodoxy" by Brian McLaren. I'm currently re-reading it.

Oh, hold on - I DID buy a large Steven King novel (Needful Things) while in Australia for $1, to keep me awake on our 5-hour layover at KL airport. That would probably be my most recent purchase.

And then yesterday I got a free-to-review book, so I guess that doesn't count as "bought".

Last book I read
Well, I read every night in the bath - those Reader's Digest thingies again. Last night I read "Flood" - about a dam collapsing above a city. Nice little disaster story! :) REAL book last read - see above.

5 books that mean a lot to me
I'm struggling with faith issues right now, so the one I'm re-reading is doing a lot to build me up again from a place of dead-dark. Other books are kinda hard to pinpoint right now... I tend to absorb what interests me at a certain time, then move on. I read more on the internet than I do in actual paper-and-ink volumes.

Tag 5 people to continue the book baton:
Hmmm... let's see.
Scott, who works in a book store and is somewhat crazy (OK, extremely weird most days! :) )
Kyknoord, who has an entertaining opinion on everything under the sun, "en nogwat"!
Feeble Knees, a soul-sister who is currently expecting a boy!
Robbymac, who I'd love to sit down and chat to for a couple of days
and
Laura, my "patron saint of travel" :)

0 comments: