Coldplay and ELO

Did you know that both Coldplay and ELO effectively mask the sounds of a committee meeting through thin office walls?

Yup, it's true!

They moved the extremely noisy colleague out while I was in Australia and converted the room into a mini-conference area. Unfortunately it's become the preferred meeting place for anyone too lazy to haul their butts upstairs to the official committee room! And that means I get to hear the contents of meetings - or if not actually hear their words, have to make do with a constant background noise of voices rising and falling.

But I come armed with 3.03GB of music on my hard-drive! And after a bit of experimentation, found that Coldplay's sound covers conversation wonderfully - and ELO just completely gets rid of it. Especially if I turn it up loud enough... :) (Still pondering whether they'll appriciate Evanescence at high volume or if a bout of Hillsong will convert them to another premisis!)

One of these days I'll either drown out the meetings or they'll go get that sound-proofing they've been promising. And then, if they just keep the window closed (and I don't open mine), I think we'll be OK!

0 comments: