Hitting the Headlines

I was surprised this morning, when logging in to the Lonely Planet Travel Forum I found my little "Single Mom, Kid & the Continent" post had made Thread of the Day! And garnered a whole lot of responses...

As usual, to balance out the good there were a couple of the bad. But I can appreciate the perspectives of the posters, as some thing I'm being irresponsible, dodging my duties and jeapordizing my son's future to pack up him and take him cross-continent! Others of course say it's the best thing I could do.

I'm taking both into consideration as I continue to plan our prospective get-away. There's reality in both views, and food for thought.

I'm still vascillating between "this is a good idea" and "what the hell am I thinking" myself, so am willing to listen to all sides of the conversation. I have yet to see if the entire plan will work, or simply become one of those never-have's.

Nothing in life is certain. But I'm willing to take my chances, doing what I can to really Live life.

0 comments: