Unusual

It's unusual for me to buy the local community newspaper.

It's unusual for me to read the classifieds, and even more unusual to read the jobs section.

It's unlikely that I'd come into the office late on a Sunday afternoon to update my CV and apply for a job I didn't think I was looking for. And in so doing potentially set out on a totally unplanned and rather scary path.

And yet here I am...

::update::
I wasn't going to mention this opportunity to anyone, but on the spur of the moment I showed the ad to a colleague who stopped by. I should have learnt from past experience - sometimes where I expect understanding and support, all that's forthcoming is criticism....

::FURTHER update::
That "only shortlisted candidates will be contacted" thing? They've just called - I have an interview tomorrow morning. And the nerves kick in...!

0 comments: