It's Time

On Friday I was catching up on some blog archives, and came across "How to live on 24 hours a day" at Ian's Messy Desk. I printed it out to read later, and as the sun was sinking on Saturday afternoon finally got around to doing just that.

Can you say "life-changing perspectives in one foul swoop"?

It's a pretty old piece of writing, but there are some rather profound thoughts portrayed (in a gently humorous way). To say that they've made a difference to how I see time-management would be a major understatement!

One of the ideas that has stuck with me every moment of the day since, is that time is being constantly renewed. And (amazingly, if you think about it), you have a full 24 hours each day given as a gift. If you set yourself a task, and fail - why, the very next minute is a chance to succeed, without waiting for another more oportune time!

That is such a freeing thought. So often I've said "I didn't get around to this, I failed miserably, I'll do it when I have more time". And yet, I have more time immediately.

It made a big difference to how I "did" this weekend. Often I'll put off something in favour of "later". This weekend I may have put it off for one minute, but done it the next.

Oh, this is all a bit hard to explain - just go read that bit of writing and see what you come away with!

0 comments: