It's a no

Oh well, it seems we're staying and not going to Australia.

The rules have changed for airline employees (which is how I was going to get the ticket). Now they can only nominate a wife or child for a free ticket - not a total stranger. I've been promised that if the rules change, I'm first in line for a trip. Cool.

The irony is the guy who is giving them away is not married. Neither am I! Think we could swing a 6-month multi-cultural (he's Indian) marital situation??? :)

There is an alternative. Save like crazy to raise the R20,000 required to travel. Yeah, right. We're only scraping through on what I make already, and I doubt that's gonna happen.

In the meantime, my poor credit card will get a breather and time to recover from over-use. We'll see what happens later in the year. All those delicious men will just have to do without me.

(Talking of delicious young men, I rushed up to the field above my house just after 7 to try get a shot of Cape Town on fire - from a distance - and discovered a neighbour walking his dogs. All SEVEN Big Dogs! We've lived within a few houses of each other for years, and never met. Well, being a dog person, I got down on their level and was sniffed and tail-whipped and said hello. Also had a chat to their owner. Definitely a delicious young man. I think I need to start walking my dogs around 7 at night... :) )

0 comments: