Scents

Yesterday was payday (YAY! Last one was mid-December....), so I ducked out in the afternoon to go replenish my very lean credit card account.

Traditionally, it's also eat-at-the-Spur day on payday, which we did. However, it may be the last time we eat out this month, as we need to save our pennies a bit. Anyway, I'm getting off track. After lunch we decided to wander the mall and stopped in at one home shop to see what they had. Just looking, not buying or anything. Until we hit the home scents section.

My house is awful. The carpets are crummy and the damp-seal along the wall is shot. If you don't leave windows and/or doors open, it starts to smell like damp rotten flooring with a tinge of mushrooms behind the couch, which is unfortunately what it is. Add to that a couple of dogs who live indoors when we're home, and it basically stinks. I can wash carpets over and over, but the parquet flooring underneath keeps trapping dirt and junk, and every wash just pulls more of that up into the fitted carpeting.

So when I can, I like to light up the scent-oil burner, spray the air full of something good, and hope it masks any other odours.

But not just any scent. I love the fruity kind of smells, and yesterday we came across a couple of those at bargain prices. I ended up with hands full of Spiced Berry oil and associated room spray, Mandarin & Thyme oil, and a Vanilla room and linen spray.

And now the house smells simply delicious! I've sprayed the couches and bedding with Vanilla, and been burning the berry oil for most of the morning before work.

So much better than Scent of Dog.

0 comments: