Monday? What Monday?

I had to think hard this morning to figure out which day it was. Which I can usually manage by remembering what I watched on TV last night... :)

You see, I'm on leave this week! Unfortunately, this is the week they chose to give everyone half-days, with Thursday off... why, when I'm on official leave, does this always happen?

Well, it's not terribly good weather to be outdoors. Not that it's rainy, but the winter chill is definitely setting in and my heater has seen the light of day recently. None of that lovely summer warmth left, and it gets dark early. So instead of the gardening I'd hoped to do, I find myself spending time indoors. Hanging out on the computer, chatting to folk on the forum, watching movies and surfing the net. Cooking a bit, baking a bit - and doing the dishes. It does tend to be a bit of a working holiday when you have a house to maintain...

But all is not labour! Later this week we're going to watch Ice Age 2, and I STILL need to go shopping for boots and/or winter clothing. This is the last chance I'll get in a while to take an entire day to wander shops, and leave the kid at home.

Later in the week we've got a big braai (barbecue), just for the heck of it. A chance to hang out with people we usually only see in passing, and socialize. And then it's Easter. This is the first year in ages that I've made no religious plans... a sign of the times I guess.

So Monday has struck - yet not Monday. More like a working weekend with a bit of sleeping in. Pity the poor folk getting up early to slog it out in an office.

0 comments: