Take the Gap

I'm one of only two people at work this afternoon (the other one being the receptionist) the only one at work this afternoon. Everyone else either left straight from brunch for home, or only had to work until 1. So why am I here? Sucker for punishment perhaps? Trying to impress the boss? :-) Maybe... but I've also used the peace and quiet to accomplish quite a few things - without having to wait for a copy machine, fax machine or whatever. I've reduced my work load to a mere list of inspiration to investigate for website purposes, and one paper awaiting an answer. Cool, hey!

And now I'm going to load the recycling into the car, drop it off at the primary school, then take the gap that everyone's already dashed through - and go set Olivia's idle speed (update - DONE! one more thing learnt). Thereafter, I'm making up for a few days and having an extra-long walk. It's hot outside, but I could do with a good sweat. There's still a few things in my brain that need to be jiggled into position while the legs are moving. (Just hope I don't get attacked by a dog this time) (update - 10km or so in heat is no joking matter! Can you say "heat exhaustion"? Sitting here munching glucose powder and drinking water, trying to stop the world spinning after a hellish last few kays)

0 comments: