Aftermath

Another Christmas come and gone, and life rushes on...

It was a good time with family and friends though, some pretty decent food, lotsa prezzies, and a good deal of craziness. I took it so easy this year, and still everything worked out OK. I think I'll make a habit of it!

This morning I'm on to other things - the last stuff before the guests arrive. One should be here late tonight, the other I collect in Cape Town tomorrow morning. I was counting on a hot, dry day to do some washing etc - and guess what, it's cold and raining - no, I don't own a dryer. (A most excellent day for sleeping in, but not too late - pity, I need it) It's WINTER! Murphy's law kicks in again. But we will prevail and plans will be made.

In the meantime, I'm struggling to find place for some of the gifts I received. I got quite a bit of kitchen-type stuff, but the cupboards there are pretty much full already, and the only other cupboard in the house is the stuffed-packed one in my room that has to house everything else. I should put up extra shelves in the kitchen, but not an option right now.

Anyway, today I'm working through the house room by room (all 4 of them! bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and lounge/otherbedroom/everything else), taking excess goods to the garage for storage (perhaps they can stay there permanently? pare down to mere essentials again?), rearranging what I can to create the illusion of space - and trying to get that bedding dry in time for use tonight.

Onwards and upwards..!

0 comments: