Boxes

If you didn't think me strange before, you're certainly gonna now!

I can never resist a good cardboard box. Our computer department has just had a huge delivery of monitors, keyboards and the like delivered, installed - and now they're chucking out boxes. Guess what I've swiped! :-)

Thing is, I've gotten really tired of buying boxes and packaging, especially when it comes to posting things or storing things or whatever. Why pay some inflated price when the stuff is lying around free? And these are very nice boxes - right size and shape, decent quality to prevent things being damaged in transit. No ways I'm gonna let them end up on the landfill. Well, some of them anyway - no chance I'll give all of them a home.

I guess it's the frugal scavenger in me that appears when I see stuff lying around that can be reused, or still has some life left in it, or can be repurposed. Or my great-aunt Geraldine's genes coming through. A true hoarder if ever there was one! :-)

So today my office looks like a storage facility. Nifty boxes piled up, just waiting to head home.

Yes I'm weird.

0 comments: