Minus One

One of my guests has just rushed into the office to tell me his lift to Joburg is leaving NOW - so we're down to 3 people, 2 dogs and a fish in a one-bedroom house. Funny how we all seem to have fitted in OK though!

I think hosting a few friends has definitely upped my confidence to get more sociable this year. I've always blamed a lack of space for not having people over, but we've kinda proved that's a non-issue. OK, it would be nice to have a large place filled with the kind of furnishings, decor and "look" I aspire to (which I've never really achieved thanks to lack of funds and other priorities) - but we coped reasonably well in spite of all that. And even the dogs were on somewhat good behaviour.

So here's to planning a few more social escapades for the year ahead, instead of retreating further into my hermit shell.

0 comments: