Change of tactics

The quest for housing continues. Yes, I'm supposed to move this weekend (ideally) - or next weekend (latest), and still haven't found a place!

Our local newspaper comes out on a Thursday morning. Today I'm going to try something different. I'm phoning every single agent who advertised anything last week, and checknig if there's something they have listed that might end up in tomorrow's paper. A foot in the door before it's even published.

The house I saw earlier in the week is good - but the reality is it's too far off the beaten track to organize lift clubs / high school bus for my son for lunchtime, backs on to a railway line, industrial area and squatter camp, and is more than I can afford per month. I don't want to start out on the wrong foot, chucking all my money into a place that isn't going to work out for us and ending up worse off than we have been before.

I know, I'm being picky. But I'm less so today. I'm practical, and going to do what I can to sort this one out. Discouragement notwithstanding.

0 comments: