Grrr...

Here I sit again, sukkeling with technology - and the Standard Bank internet banking site in particular.

I went to go sign my lease agreement today, and was supposed to transfer the deposit this evening - only Standard Bank hid info away somewhere on setting a transfer limit, and mine is currently at 0!!! So no go. Emailed them - of course got the autoresponse thing telling me "you're important"... Back home I phone customer care and found a very nice lady on the other end (eventually), very helpful - who told me EXACTLY what to do to get my limit set. On the site. Not at the branch as the site told me I had to do. Would be nice if that info were online too...

EXCEPT now suddenly I can't log in again. Dammit. More "technical errors" with the site, ie it's kaput. And so it goes.. a few days of everything-works, then it all collapses in a crying heap of mush again.

However I will persevere. The transfer MUST go through by tomorrow night, and I'll ensure it does. Provided my internet connection holds up (grrrr... again).

0 comments: