Unsaid

I can't help but shake my head at all the stuff I wasn't told when it comes to handing in a resignation.

OK, I'm an info-junkie. I admit it. I like to have all the facts nicely lined up and available to check. I don't like to have important stuff sprung on me without warning. But these things happen. But there's nothing really written down and available to look at! It's assumed I must somehow magically acquire the knowledge and apply it. When I get it wrong, I'm not told so - rather left to find out "by the way"... It's a bit frustrating for someone like me.

In the meantime though I just have to take it one thing at a time, dealing with the next interesting obstacle as it arises, sorting it out and moving along. Today it involves leave pay-out, calendar months and unvoiced expectations. Tomorrow is anyone's guess.

Resignation is certainly harder than it looks.

0 comments: