Boxes

I'm starting to detest boxes - and it's only been a few days. The darn things are everywhere! But I'm slowly making inroads into them. Bit by bit I'm unpacking and sorting out our myriad Stuff.

Sometimes I sit and look at the pile and think "I don't want to do this - I'm just gonna chuck the entire lot out". Much of it IS going out, the rest needs careful sorting and storing.

Amazingly, the kid is actually getting involved in the unpacking. He's taken care of his room, arranged it the way he wants it, set up everything he needs (with a bit of help on things computer). He's helped get the lounge in order too - books and videos and PS2 games, moving things around, arranging the electronics. Perhaps this is the start of a whole new helpful phase? One can only hope! :-)

The weekend rapidly approaches. By the end of it I have a long list of stuff that has to be sorted out. Boxes included. It's not going to be a sit-back-and-relax weekend at all. But I'll have the space and time to work through everything bit by bit, perhaps with a little music blaring (softly) to keep me on my toes.

I'm really, really looking forward to the end of the boxes.

0 comments: