Change

So... I've been thinking.... (oh no, not again - I hear you say)

For the past 11 years I worked in a very conservative environment. Things short, tight, decorative, adorning or sexy were all frowned upon. As in "call you in to discuss why you are wearing jewellery" frowned upon! Eish. Some days I felt like I couldn't breathe.

But now I'm gone. Don't live there no more, don't work there no more. Don't have to bow to nobody nor deny who I really am no more. Can wear what I want, can do what I want. Call it caged-bird-free if you will.

And as a result I feel a bit of a shopping spree coming on. It's time to ditch the "expected" image I've teeth-grindingly lived with for so long and get down - for the first time in my life - to the real me. To match outside with inside, at long long last.

This weekend I'm on my own. Between things like balancing wheels, fixing lights, emptying the last of the garage boxes, sorting the house out etc., I'm getting in some me-time, some pimping and primping. And just a little bit of a shopping spree. It's time to let this chick fly.

0 comments: