Eina

I'm not a pain wimp. I can take a lot without moaning. But tonight I'm sitting at my desk basically unable to move. I went from bed to here earlier and then sat and cried for 10 minutes. Lying in bed was a mission too, trying to find a position that didn't hurt.

And why?

Because I made a mistake getting out of Olivia earlier. I spent a few hours removing storage from the back (T - how long did it take to put in? :-) ) as a final "lightening" exercise and chance to clean her out thoroughly and see what I'm working with. As I finished up, I was climbing backwards over the spare in the back when I slipped. My shins bounced off sharp British steel as they headed toward the far-off tar - where I landed heavily. And nearly screamed (I don't scream neither... not even when there's a rain spider in the shower).

Right through the jeans were two very large scrapes, already turning black around the edges and so painful I just stood there swearing and trying not to cry for a few minutes. But I still had to get the storage sections across the road and stacked up at home, so did that while tears streamed down my face and I bit my lip.

Back home I hobbled up stairs and took a photo as proof (yeah, life with digital cameras!), then sat down and tried to breathe. Going back downstairs to make lunch was torture, but I had to do that and check 2 final things on Olivia before the rain arrived.

Thereafter I attempted a nap - and did get one once I'd found a way to lie where my feet weren't pulling on my legs in funny positions. But when I got up again the pain was like nothing I can remember. Not giving birth (had "laughing gas" to help with that), not having my pelvis cracked and tailbone broken in a big car smash years ago, not even breaking my baby toe. Perhaps time has dulled those memories.

I can't stand on my left leg. I can't move it without using my hands, and then it comes at a price. I hope I haven't broken it or cracked the bone. All I know is it's bloody sore, it's got pins and needles when it's not throbbing, and I don't plan on getting up if I don't have to.

Will I be able to maneuver a honking big Landy to work, trudge up stairs and sit in a chair all day? Remains to be seen. One step (scuse the pun) at a time. Got to get through the night first.

0 comments: